Wednesday, May 28, 2008

WIP Wednesday


1. Seraphim: I am still on the stockinette portion but goal is to finish up that part this week and start the first chart. I would have been farther along with this but I started the next two items.

2. Drive Thru: I try to make a new sweater for my daughter each year. At one time she had picked out some pinkish/purple Cascade 220 for this sweater but now she is into blues and wasn't too happy with what she had chosen earlier. What's a mom to do? So, I picked up some Ella Rae Classic at the local yarn shop and started this. Definitely more blue than the picture shows.


This is a child who knows what she wants and she has asked for a cardigan with a zipper (oh no, the dreaded zipper!). Anyway, I've started the body in the round with plans of steeking so I added 5 stitches which I have set off with markers and the 3 middle stitches I purl. This way I should be really clear where I need to cut. Do you think it will work?

3. Lace Ribbon Scarf: I have also started this in some Handmaiden Seasilk from the stash. It's a pretty easy pattern to remember and there is a KAL going on if you are interested.

If you don't know about the contest going on here at Knitting by the Sea, you can check out this post. Please enter if you'd like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those projects all look great! And good for your daughter for knowing what she likes!

Ina said...

Wow, lots of projects, all looking great!