Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Memory is not so Good

Bonne Marie really made my day (maybe even my week) when I received an email from her telling me that I had won some STR in Alina from a random drawing on her blog. Actually, to let you know how bad my memory is, the email was titled something like "Chicknits Sock Yarn" and my first thought was "I didn't know she was coming out with sock yarn. I better go and check this out." I was so happy when I saw that I had won. Thank you Bonne Marie!!

I had been thinking that it was time to give something away on this blog also - so here is the contest. Since it is the Summer of Socks and I (along with everyone else in blogland) enjoyed knitting up my Monkey socks soooo much, I am going to give away a Monkey package. Some sock yarn from the stash along with some monkey paraphernalia. Sounds good? What do you have to do to win such a prize? All you have to do is leave me a comment letting me know why you would like to knit Monkey socks - this can be the first pair you knit or the fourth. It's open to anyone that wants to knit Monkeys. I will pick a winner sometime around Labor Day weekend. I will be in and out a lot over the next few weeks so I may not be able to reply to comments or even post too often, but rest assured that if I receive your comment, you will be entered (even if I can't reply).

Come join the fun and leave a comment! Good luck!

15 comments:

Dj said...

I want to knit a pair of Monkey socks so I can have a pair like everyone else in the knitting world. I love the pattern, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sue said...

I have seen so many lovely Monkey socks I think I may have to join the group and knit a pair for myself. Congrats on winning such beautiful yarn too.

clothesknit said...

so glad you won! it'll give you something to look forward to in the mail ;o) and monkeys? howzabout they are fun and quick to knit, look fabulous, fit amazingly well. they might just be the most perfect sock!

Monet said...

I loved knitting my first pair of monkeys and have been looking for some yarn to knit another pair. I just haven't found anything that would live up to the wonderful Cookie A. pattern. Now, if you would like to fill that void...

Congrats on winning the STR...love their yarn and sock club...

Rasa said...

Monkeys are great! I knit my first pair earlier this summer - they were a real fast knit (my first pair of socks in under a week!) and I plan to knit another pair for a friend for Christmas...I'm just looking for the right yarn!

Carole Knits said...

I want to knit monkeys because I'm currently knitting my first pair and I love 'em!

Kimberly said...

Monkeys? You're going to knit monkeys?? Then hell, I want to knit a monkey or maybe two myself. Do they squeel much when you knit them? ;)
I have yet to knit a monkey although it's definitely on my list. Along with everything else.
whoever invented the 24-hour day?? I could use a few more in mine.

Unknown said...

I want to knit myself a pair of Monkey. I made them for my sock pal and loved them but I haven't taken the time to knit a pair for myself.

Leah said...

Congrats!

I am going to have to knit Monkeys I see. Everyone just faves and faves about that pattern. I resisted so far because I have so many other socks on the needles, but your contest will force me to say: "I want to knit Monkeys"!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the monkey socks! I have never knitted anything using a chart pattern so I thought this would be a great challenge for me. I just hope my knitting girls are up for a challenge when I continue to ask for help:)
Pauline

Anonymous said...

I want to knit Monkeys because they are super cute and I have some yarn that should work great. Hope you are well :-)

Karen said...

I want to knit Monkeys because it is the most perfect pattern to use with variegated yarn. :)

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Hi Lisa!
Glad you're enjoying Ravelry. I just friended you, and also wanted to let you know about the Clapotis group. Kate's one of the Moderators and is great to talk to.

PS - I want to make Monkeys because they would be perfect in RI Red!

knitspot anne said...

count me in! i have not kit monkey sox yet, but i'd like to! i'm so glad i came over today . . .

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered knitting blogs this week. Where have I been? Knitting! Lots of hats and socks for Afghans for Afghans. Love knitting socks but haven't made monkey socks yet.

kathy