Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Working Through the WIPs




Finally, pictures of finished objects!




Keeping with the idea of finishing up a project and not starting a new one and given the fact that it is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Socktoberfest, I thought I'd work on these socks.


Not really pink, but shades of red and pink. The first sock is finished and the second one is now almost at the heel. The pattern is the Cable Rib socks from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks and the yarn is Sleeping Dragon in the Candy Apple colorway. And although I really want to start something new, I need to work on these - they are a Christmas gift for my dad so they need to get done. Basic sock with ribbing on the leg in Duet yarn.
I also picked up my Ariann sweater and am working on that for me. So we are trying to finish some projects around here. But I am so itching to start a new pair of socks - maybe a really pink pair from this yarn or one in fall colors with this yarn. Oh the choices! What's a grrl to do??!

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Good for your for finishing up!

KeanaLee said...

all the socks are so great I especially love the ones in the first picture.

margene said...

LOVE the Candy Apple socks...perfect for fall;-)
No Rhinebeck this year?

Leah said...

Knit, knit, knit!! Lovely stuff my friend!!

I'm in super finish mode too! Now I just need to get into super blogging mode!!