Friday, March 13, 2009

The Responsible Thing to Do

I try to live responsibly. I bought those great Sigg water bottles for myself and my daughter so that we wouldn't be buying and using all of those plastic water bottles. I recycle whenever I can and I do try to help others. So, when faced with the idea of bringing another shawl into this world right at this moment,
I thought to myself, what is the responsible thing to do. Is it right to start another shawl when I have a half finished one sitting unloved in my closet? For me, the answer is a definite NO. So, I am resurrecting Seraphim
and working on that in between my sweaters before I start Desdemona.
But I will admit that it can be hard to be good. After all of my good intentions, anne has just released the Maplewing pattern and I already have the yarn from Kim sitting in my stash. What's a girl to do??? Isn't that shawl one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen??!! Of course I ran to her site to purchase the pattern as soon as I found out it was published. I have not wound up my yarn yet, but it is probably only a matter of time. Once again I will admit it - I'm weak!!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I don't think knitting MORE shawls is irresponsible at all. :-)

knitspot anne said...

i agree with carol! i hope you enjoy knitting maplewing!