Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

I really have no reason to be in the mental slump that I'm currently feeling. There are so many things that I know I'm thankful for and yet I still feel dragged down. After reading Margene's post yesterday morning, I think I realize what may be contributing to this mood, at least in part. The simple answer is that there is just too much clutter and stuff around this house and it is dragging me down. I need to do something about it but sometimes it just seems so overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I try to do a little bit at a time but if I slack off, well, it just starts piling up again. One thing I definitely know is that I need to learn to let things go - both mentally and physically.

Carole's suggestion of Thankful Thursday may help me refocus on what I need to be thankful for - in other words, what is really important. So here goes - my first list of three.
  1. I am thankful for my family and for a daughter that I love so much. Those times when she says something so insightful - well that just blows me away. And then of course, there are those times that she is a typical nine year old and drives me nuts - but I guess that I'm thankful for those times too.
  2. In today's economy, I am so lucky to have a job that is secure - or at least as secure as a job can be these days.
  3. And the fact that I get to work part time - that makes it even better.

Thanks Carole, for a great idea!

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you decided to participate. Maybe the 10 minutes a day thing will help you get your clutter under control?

margene said...

Counting blessings is a good way to avoid negativity. It is difficult to let go of all our stuff, but doing so is very freeing.

Carrie K said...

I have a love-hate relationship with clutter.