Sunday, December 27, 2009

Could I be sick of knitting sweaters?

A funny thing happened on my way to finishing 12 sweaters for 2009. I finished #11 and then just lost the momentum. I hate to say this, but I was actually sick of knitting sweaters. I didn't even want to look at #12 which was actually over 50% finished. The holiday craziness hit, presents had to be worked on, cookies baked, well, you all know how that goes.

And then another funny thing happened. I started sewing. I brought that sewing machine out, started looking at all of the fabulous quilting cottons out there and jumped in with both feet. I finished a baby quilt for a friend's baby that was just born yesterday. And I made an apron for my sister from some beautiful Amy Butler cottons. I really wanted to keep that one for myself but I resisted. So now I have all of these quilting projects lined up for the new year. One of my favorite online fabric shops is the Fat Quarter Shop.

And as if that wasn't enough, my friend told me about the 10 Shawls in 2010 Ravelry group. As it turns out, I have been thinking about knitting shawls in 2010 so this fits right in with my plans. I'm also thinking about knitting as many of these from stash as possible because we are way out of control in that area. And now the fabric stash is increasing. Someone had better yell STOP!!!

4 comments:

JessaLu said...

I hear you on the sewing...my fabric stash is starting to take over...

Miss L's Craft Room said...

I like to think I had a hand in the fabric thing. :) It could be worse...

Donna said...

Oh no - 10 shawls in 2010? That could be dangerous for me..

Have a healthy and happy New Year!

Ina said...

Sewing!?!! Shawls!!! Lalalala, can't hear you, not clicking the links.