Friday, May 18, 2007

Eye Candy Friday and Some Exciting News!!


This was one of our stops on the cruise we took in February. As I look out my window and see the rain coming down, it's nice to remember the warmth of the Caribbean.

I found out the most exciting news yesterday. This Saturday, May 19th, will be RI's first annual Sheep and Wool festival. It may be a soggy day, but I can't wait to go. The event will take place at Coggeshall Farm in Bristol. I've never been here but the website says it is a living historical farm and heirloom breeds of cattle, pigs, sheep and chickens roam the grounds. The wool festival will have demonstrations, contests (like sheep to shawl, spinning), hands on events for the kids, cute fiber animals, vendors and more. I'm so excited - it's going to be hard to sleep tonight!!

6 comments:

KeanaLee said...

Have fun at the Festival & take lots of pictures! Can't wiat to see them.

Carole Knits said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! See you tomorrow!

margene said...

Enjoy your festival. I'll show you mine if you show yours;-)

Leah said...

I'm happy for you, but pouting for me. I have yet to make a Sheep and Wool Fest!

Look extra long and hard for me!!

Karen said...

That is exciting! Have a great time!

Rasa said...

Love your socks - hope you buy lots of great yarn at the festival. You have also been "tagged" - see my blog for info. rasaknits.blogspot.com