Monday, July 16, 2007

A Gift Tutorial

I meant to write this at the end of the school year to show the last minute gifts I made for my daughter's teachers, but since these gifts would be appropriate for many others besides teachers, I'm giving it to you now. I needed something nice and easy and this is what I came up with:

1. Order some wonderful soap from here. When you open the package, you will be amazed at the awesome smells and the beautiful soaps. Make sure you order some for yourself, because it will be hard to give them all away.

2. Go through your stash and find some cotton appropriate for washcloths.


3. Knit up a washcloth. I chose the Mason Dixon Washcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting.



4. Thread a ribbon through the eyelets and place the soap inside.



5. Wrap the gift in tissue and present to the deserving recipient.

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I agree those make great gifts - I've used it for hostess gifts, too. And you're right, Laurie's soap is really hard to give away!

KeanaLee said...

Greaqt idea, thanks for the tutorial! I might make these as gifts for my baby shower.

Leah said...

What a wonderful idea, Lisa! And I have some of that soap, and it does indeed smell delish!!

Leigh said...

As a teacher, I appreciate anything that doesn't make me fat. :) This way, I would smell good, AND not gain weight! What a wonderful combination. Thanks for thinking of us crazy people at the end of the school year. :)

Kathy said...

Great idea! I should start them now so at the holidays I'm not going crazy. I usually bake something and make a music cd mix for the teachers. Yes, I contribute to their waistline. Sorry teachers!