Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Cheated!

Ok, I admit it. I cheated. I started working on my 2009 sweaters 6 days early. I just couldn't wait anymore. I hope that no one will throw me out of the group!!

This holiday I seemed to be quite together in getting most of my knitted gifts done in time. I ended up making several cowls (two with the Forest Canopy Cowl pattern, one with the Spiralicious pattern and one that buttoned for a friend that would hate pulling something on and off over her head). I also made three of the Noro striped scarves (the third one was finished on Christmas Day for my Dad) and a Ravenclaw hat. I'll have some pictures and talk more about those when I get home to my computer.

Now I am visiting in NJ for a while and I brought the yarn for my first sweaters of 2009. Yeah, I could have brought something else to work on and I wouldn't have been tempted, but it really is the perfect time to get some quality knitting in and I just couldn't help myself. The first two sweaters I am working on will be the Central Park Hoodie in Shaba Green Peace Fleece and Amy King's striped Noro vest from Knitty in Noro Silk Garden. I figure they should compliment each other since the vest will be great for mindless knitting and I'm not sure how much I will need to concentrate on the Central Park Hoodie. I have decided to make the button closure on the hoodie and will actually not make the hoodie - so I guess it's actually a CPNH instead of a CPH. I loved Norma's and have since seen Anne's and Karen is finishing up hers and I think that I will get much more wear out of it and love mine more with the buttons and collar.

Please forgive me for breaking the rules but I am having fun and that is definitely one of the most important rules for this 12 sweaters in 2009 marathon!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Absolutely! You must have fun or it's kind of pointless, isn't it?

Happy Knitting!

Carole Knits said...

Rules are meant to be broken. Have fun with it!

Donna said...

12 sweaters is 12 sweaters - I don't think you will be thrown overboard for getting a head start. Enjoy the process!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, a CPnoH in Shaba green!!! I can't wait to see it.

Karen said...

I wouldn't worry about it. How bad can it be to break a knitting rule?! You will love the CPH. It is a fun knit!

Anonymous said...

Well. Since it's a new year and a new beginning and all that......just this once. :)

Happy New Year!

Ina said...

There seems to be 'way more flagrant rule-breaking going on. Looks like NaKniSweMoDoans are a bunch of pirates.