Monday, January 01, 2007

Loose Ends

Happy New Year wishes to everyone. And wishes for a peaceful and healthy new year also.

I do have a few loose ends from last year. Just before Christmas, I sent off a package to Save the Children for Caps for the Capital. The total was 62 caps if I remember correctly. Two friends from work, Elaine and Maria, joined me in making hats, but the biggest recruit was Elaine's mom who donated an amazing 52 hats. Thanks to all of you for making this such a success!

I'd also like to thank Amy of Spunky Eclectic. I had ordered one of her alpaca mugs as a gift for a friend and figured I may as well order some fiber at the same time - for packing material, you know, to keep the mug safe. Don't give me that look, you know you would have done the same thing :). Anyway, everything arrived safely, the mug was a hit, and I love my new rovings! Actually, Cathy, my Yarn Aboard pal gave me the idea of using wool as packing material. She had included some brown wool in my package for just that purpose. You have to like someone who does that!

In the midst of all the holiday gift knitting, I started CeCe for myself. After all the hats and mittens (plain stockinette), I had a hard time wrapping my brain around the pattern. I emailed Bonne Marie with a few questions and she helped me immediately. If you haven't tried her patterns yet, go over and take a look. Great patterns and excellent customer service. What more could you want!!

I am actually thinking of some resolutions for this year - not something I usually do in earnest because I usually can't stick to them. But the past few months have been really difficult and something needs to change. There is a lot to think about - nothing major. Just changes I need to make since I am slowly realizing that the changes have to be with me since I can't change anyone else. One thing I need to deal with is all the STUFF I have and to deal with that I am joining Wendy's Knit From Your Stash 2007. I know I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while.

Hope everyone enjoys their New Year's Day!

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Look at all those hats! That's fabulous!
Happy New Year and good luck with the changes you want to make.

Procrastiknitter said...

Happy New Year! Wow, about all the caps! Plus all the ones you did for me! ((HUGS))

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Such a generous soul you are! Happy New Year from the other side of the State! Hope we can meet sometime this year for some knitting over beverages.
=:8

emmy said...

Great job with all the hats! Good Luck with your stash knitting this year! Thanks for stopping by. It was good to "see" you.