Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Details

Yesterday was pictures, now for some details.

Ariann will be one of my goals for this week - now that I am home, I should be able to weave in the ends and hopefully look for buttons. I love the mitts I tested for anne and my daughter is requesting her second mitt, so I will also set that as another goal for this week. The Tulip baby cardigan will be worked on also - working the ends in as you go is really the thing to do if you hate being faced with all those ends after the knitting is complete. And those small sweaters knit up so quickly.

The fairisle hat that I showed yesterday was a Traditional Hat kit from Bea Ellis Knitwear. I had completed about a third of it and since I was looking for a gift for a friend, I grabbed it for the trip to NJ. It was easy and fun to finish and I remembered how much I enjoyed working the fairisle pattern. I think there will be more of those in 2008. As a matter of fact, my friend Connie and I are planning a stranded mitten project. We did socks together once and it is time for another project together. I have a Frostrosen mitten kit from Nordic Fibers somewhere in the stash which I must search for - it will be perfect for this.

Also, the baby mittens are thumbless mittens, not fingerless mitts as I wrote - I think I have those on the brain as I just bought the Hot Waffles pattern from anne. Remember - keep those hands warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's what happened! I saw the mittens and didn't realize they were small and thumbless. Easy enough.

Why oh why did you post that mitten link?

The Fair Isle hat is really cute too. Just gorgeous knits, Lisa.