Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A is for ...

I thought about several different things for my A post for the ABC Along. And then it hit me that the answer was right in front of me - Ariann. I was able to weave in the ends and find great buttons this weekend so now I have a completed sweater. Let me present my completed Ariann. First, the headless mirror shot:



And now a shot with one of my favorite dogs:


5 - 6 skeins (sorry, but I can't really remember the exact amount I used) of Cascade 220 in color number 8013. I made both the body and the arms longer than the pattern called for and also ended up making a larger size sleeve than the body size I made. The first sleeve I made seemed like it would be a little too snug and so I went up in size. I wore it to work today and am quite happy with my new sweater.

I'm hoping it will be a sweater that I pick up often although I may block it just slightly larger the next time I wash it. I'll decide that as I wear it more. This is my third completed item from one of Bonne Marie's patterns. They are well written and if you do happen to need help, all you need to do is send an email and she replies back quickly. I actually do have a fourth item from one of her patterns almost completed - a Ribby Cardi - but I've been stalled by the idea of putting in the zipper. 2008 will be the year that I conquer that fear!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous! GREAT knit!! It looks awesome on you! Congrats! I rate this an "A+"

Carole Knits said...

It looks terrific. What a perfect A!

knitspot anne said...

oh lisa it looks great on you! congratulations, it's great to have anew sweater this time of year.

Karen said...

Ariann turned out beautiful! I am betting it will end up being one of your favorites. Nice knitting Lisa!