Friday, March 14, 2008

What's on the Needles?

To be more precise, the title should be what's on the needles that I am actually working on, but that seems rather long for a title.

1. Ms. Orangepants (thanks Carrie for the new name)
The pressure is off since one participant of March Sweater Madness actually finished her sweater during the first week of competition. I was all ready to tell you that I was about 3 inches away from finishing the body of the sweater when I noticed a slight mistake in the last cable row. I must have put the knitting down in the middle of a row and when I picked it up, instead of finishing the row, I knit in the wrong direction. So like half the sweater had an extra row in it. Now this has happened to me before, but maybe I shouldn't be admitting it since it is possible that this has never happened to anyone else and I am the most unobservant knitter on the planet. Anyway, this meant that I needed to rip out about 3 rows so I took it off the needles and ripped back.

While I had it off of the needles, I thought it would be a good thing to try it on. Oh no! I had dropped down a needle size for the cable section like the pattern suggested, but I think it may be a little too snug. I could block the hell out of it, but I think I will probably rip back to the start of the cable section and continue with the same size needle I had used for the top of the body. This means that the sweater will be on hold as I wait to get a pair of the Addi lace needles in a size 7. I experimented with making my cables without a cable needle and I love the sharp points of the Addi lace needles for picking up the stitches. So, the sweater and I will wait.

2. Wing of the Moth
This is in pretty much the same state as last week since I have been concentrating on the March Madness Sweater. Now with the sweater on hold however, this will change. I am looking forward to getting into the next lace section over the next few days.

3. Monkey Socks in STR Dragon Dance
Also in the same state as last week for the same reason as above. If I was brave enough to bring them out this past week during a day long video teleconference that I sat through, I would have made some progress on them. But, I'm not really sure how it would go over with the higher ups and I really need my job to finance my fiber addiction. So, the socks stayed in the purse.

Maybe it is spring fever, but I also have all these ideas for new projects and have been looking at new yarn. But I have been so good about sticking with the stash, that I need to think for a few days before making any new fiber purchases. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

What? No photos of your WIPS? LOL
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I swatched for a new pullover. But I did work on V!

Probably reknitting it bigger is a better idea, alas.

That's one thing I love about my job now, the long meetings are CE and I've paid for them so I feel fully comfortable knitting through them. I retain a lot more information.