Wednesday, April 09, 2008

One of Life's Equations

Work
+
Travel for Work
+
Getting Sick After the Travel
+
A Sick Child
=
Not a lot of Time or Energy For Anything Else

Consequently, I have not been blogging or reading email and I apologize to anyone who may have emailed me in the past 2 weeks. The crafting has been a bit slow too. We have also been dealing with my daughter's desire to test her independence and her/our limits. It has not helped that she has a few friends that seem to have almost no rules or structure imposed on them and consequently I get the question of why do we have rules when they don't. I explain that we think the rules are important and some of them are for her safety - things like: she is not allowed over a friend's house unless there is an adult present or if she is at one friend's house and they decide to go somewhere else, she has to tell me. Pretty basic things, but difficult when as one other neighbor said to me a few nights ago - "those kids are wild". Don't get me wrong, they are good kids but just don't seem to have the same structure that we try to maintain. This particular problem will actually solve itself in June but I'd love to hear any advice from other parents.

There has been a little knitting and sewing since I remembered that my daughter's substitute teacher's last day is this Friday and she is due with her first baby in May. I knit up a hat from the book Itty Bitty Hats


and made a matching burp cloth for one of the bibs I had shown a while back.

I think this will be a nice gift.

3 comments:

Ina said...

Uh-oh. "It's not FAIR!" You're doomed. I tremble for you.

Nice teacher gifts! Hope you feel better!!

margene said...

I hope you are on your feet soon!!

Carole Knits said...

Those rules are pretty basic and we impose the same ones. Hannah says I'm over-protective but TOO BAD.