Monday, October 24, 2005

My First Post

Well, I've finally done it - I've started a blog. I have been reading other blogs for a while now, but have put off doing it myself. The reasons - let's see: I don't have a digital camera and posts are so much nicer with pictures, what will I write about and when will I find the time. But I've decided to try this out and see what happens.

My blog will mostly be about my knitting and spinning, my daughter and other related things. To start off, I've been spinning a most wonderful Corriedale batt from Grafton Fibers that I picked up at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck last weekend. A lot of posts have been written about the Rhinebeck experience and let me tell you, they are right on track. It is a fantastic time for anyone interested in fibers, spinning, knitting, eating, and meeting some wonderful people. My knitting projects are plentiful - I am definitely not a "one project at a time" type of person. Today I was knitting on a pair of fingerless mittens for the Warm Hands KAL. They will be a Christmas present for a special friend.

No comments: