Thursday, October 27, 2005

Startitis ... Finishing Deficit Disorder

I definitely have a problem when it comes to starting new projects. A new yarn or project will whisper provocatively in my ear "Come play with me" and I fall hook, line and sinker. Forgetting about the projects that I already have on the needles, I cast on for a new one. The "On the Needles" list I have started is not complete - they are the ones that are most visible and higher on my list of "to finish". I am kind of hoping that blogging about these projects will kind of push me to finish them up. The problem with finishing things doesn't always involve wanting to start something new. Sometimes I just hit a snag and instead of dealing with it, I stuff the project away somewhere and go onto something else. Or during this time of year, I feel that I should be working on gifts and not on things for myself - which is the reason that my Moriah's Wildflower Cardigan from the Green Mountain Spinnery book has been put away with just one front piece left to finish knitting. (Whoops - that one isn't in my list ...). And it goes without saying that there are many projects (with yarn) waiting in the eaves - and now there is also the unspun fiber. The possibilities abound and sometimes I feel overwhelmed. But who can resist the call of the fiber!

One of the things I found out when I started reading blogs was that other people had similar issues. And this is one of my most favorite things I've read. I'm not sure what it says about me that I would love to do something like that. So now I know that I am not alone and I think that makes me feel better or at least not so out of control. And that is comforting in its own way.

No comments: