Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I won't grow up

My jaywalkers must not have listened too closely to the music when I took them to see Peter Pan because they are now all grown up and ready to go out to a night on the town - or in my case, a day at the office. What can I say!

I really like them and they fit well. Will I start another pair? I probably will just because I'd like to try them with some of the STR that I now own. I measured the leftovers from one of these socks and it looks like I used just slightly over 180 yards. I'll have to be a little more accurate next time - actually measuring the skein before I use it instead of going by the details on the label. But I found a matching color of Lorna's Laces to use with my STR and will probably do the toe and the tip of the ribbing on the cuff in the coordinating color.

I have also started the scarf for the Red Scarf Project - a Mistake Rib scarf made from Mountain Colors wool. I just did some blog surfing to come up with that last link and saw that Sandy and I must be kindred spirits. No pictures of the scarf yet, but it should be done in time for the deadline.

I'm off to wait for the furnace man - no heat this morning. Figures it happens this week and not last week when we didn't need the heat!


Carole said...

I'm doing my red scarf in mistake rib, too. Must be something in the air around here!

mamacate said...

Those are some happy-looking feet. Sweet! :)

Sandysknitting said...

NO HEAT? Man! I'm sending WARM thoughts! :) You need those gorgeous socks!
Great minds think alike, isn't that what they say?
Knit on!

Tara said...

I love the colorway!! Question though, every time I knit socks my toes end up a little pointed or something from grafting a la kitchener. Your toes are so perfect!! How do you close your toes? I was entertaining the idea of using a three needle bind off this go round or perhaps I need more practice with kitchener? or perhaps it is a matter of blocking? I am a sock newbie.

knittinmom said...

Very nice! You are all signed up for the sock-a-month knitalong and have your J for January. Happy socking!

grumperina said...

Beautiful! I love the green color with added interest! Would you like them to be in the gallery?

Anonymous said...

I love those socks - that is definitly my favorite colorway. Just wanted to stop by and say hi and let you know that there will soon be a surprise waiting for you in your mailbox.

Your SP