Friday, June 01, 2007

Did you see the blind spinners?

Well, as usual, I am late in posting. You have probably read all about the Massachusetts festival so I won't go into great detail. I would like to thank Cate for being such an awesome hostess. She opened up her home to us both nights and it was great fun. This was the first time I have been able to take advantage of getting together with the amazing people that attend these festivals and it was just so much fun to be surrounded by people that "get it". Thank you to all the wonderful women and children we went to dinner with on Friday - it was a fun time seeing friends and meeting new ones. And the party on Saturday was a chance to socialize with more great people. I feel very lucky to be a part of it. Oh, and yes, I apologize for being a lightweight/slacker on Saturday night, but the two martinis at dinner on Friday had done me in.
I did get some fiber and my daughter and I bought a couple of t-shirts. My favorite is the "Fleece on Earth" one. But this is one of my best purchases - I finally got my sheepy mug from Amy. I'm drinking my coffee in it as I type this.
When I got back from the festival, I decided it was time to clean out/organize the closet. When my daughter was born, the spare room/craft room became her room and a lot of my stuff went into Rubbermaid containers and my closet. And when I get something new - yes, it gets stuffed into my closet. It was time to clean and I wish I had taken a picture. Not to be gross, but it looked like the closet had thrown up all over my room. It was amazing to me that so much stuff had fit in there. I started pulling everything out on Monday and today is Friday and there are still a few things I need to find spots for. I bought several more containers and at least it should be easier to find things now.
I don't recall seeing these pictures on anyone's post but since I wasn't able to even get to my home computer for almost a week, it is quite possible I missed it. This was one of the funniest things I saw on Saturday and I almost missed it. Some man told us to check out the blind spinning contest so we did. It was going on right across from Amy's booth and it was exactly what he had said - blind spinning. Some people were moving right along but it looked to be quite difficult to regain your fiber if you lost hold of it. Maybe I should try this out at home so I can enter next year.

9 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Blind spinning! Now that sounds like FUN!

margene said...

I just LOVE all the pictures of everyone spinning, knitting, fibering together. Must get one of Amy's mugs!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Loved hanging out with you and your daughter -- she's so darling! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I didn't see that blind spinning contest! That's so funny!

Karen said...

That's funny! I totally missed that. And yes, it does look hard!

Jackie said...

Blind Spinning! I love it! I'm going to have to give it a try. Easy to say when I know I can always peek!

Baycolonyfarm said...

Wow! That must be a new contest. I see Tom from Fantom Farm spinning. He's the guy with the long beard to the right.

Do you know who won?

knitspot anne said...

omg—WHAT will they think of next? hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
I LOVE reading your posts. Great mug...I didn't see that at show and tell! Blind spinning. I don't think so. I'm still at the point that I need ALL my senses when I spin.
e