I've been tagged twice for the 7 weird/random things meme. I can't remember if they are supposed to be random or weird so I'm doing a mixture of both.
1. I can't throw away a plastic bag without tying a knot in it. Don't really know why. I think it may have something to do with the whole plastic bag/danger of suffocation thing.
2. I usually put things off until the last minute. Sometimes I wish I could get things done way in advance of the due date, but that just doesn't happen. I think I work better under pressure.
3. When I was younger, I used to think all my toys, books and things had feelings. This made it very hard for me to share anything. I was afraid someone wouldn't take as good care of my things as I would and then my toy, book, whatever would be so very sad.
4. I love getting pedicures, but hate touching other people's feet. The only feet (besides my own) that I don't mind touching are my daughters'.
5. I can get so embarrassed when I have to talk in front of people. I can feel my face getting red and then that makes it even worse. One time I was on a phone meeting - I was in my office alone, no one could see me - and I had to say something. Even then I could feel my face getting red.
These last two are knitting related:
6. When I was younger, I think I may have been in middle school, my Mom and I spent the day in New York. We went to the United Nations and went on one of the tours. At the end, we visited the restroom and I guess I was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. A woman came barreling through the door and forcefully pushed the bag I was carrying into my leg. This wouldn't have been a problem except guess what I had in that bag. Yes, my knitting. With large metal needles. One of the points went straight into my knee. I remember some bleeding and a lot of discomfort. But after cleaning it up (I'm assuming we visited First Aid - that part is not very clear), my Mom and I continued our day - going out to dinner and a movie before returning home.
7. At one time in my knitting life I actually uttered the words "Why would anyone want to knit socks?!"
And with that, I will show you my latest pair of socks: Neopolitan Vesper done on Size 0 needles. My first picot picot edge done with Wendy's method since the socks were done toe up. I needed to get these finished since this Thursday is the start of the Summer of Socks.