Cate did this last week and she said the same thing I had been thinking. Coming up with 100 things kept putting me off, but I think I can manage 20 random things.
1. I love coffee.
2. If I don't get my coffee I can be a real grump.
3. I didn't realize it was possible to just totally love another person so much until I had my daughter.
4. She rocks my world.
5. I love being able to see things the way she does.
6. I hope I'm as good a mom as my friend Wendy. She has tons of patience and is a great role model for her girls.
7. I have a hard time getting rid of things.
8. Consequently, there is a lot of stuff in my house.
9. I love to read a good book.
10. When I was younger, I would always take a book to those family gatherings. Maybe I was a little unsociable.
11. I'm kind of shy.
12. Sometimes it's hard to know what to say, especially around people I don't know too well.
13. I love to travel.
14. I traveled more when I was yonger than I do now.
15. I like a good apple martini.
16. I majored in math and computer science in college.
17. I started nursing school, but left because of family issues.
18. I learned to give shots when my cat developed diabetes and needed insulin everyday.
19. I don't have any pets now - except for the three fish in my daughter's room.
20. I really miss having a dog or cat around.
Well, that wasn't so bad. It was actually kind of fun.
Since the baby hat and sweater are finished, I just had to cast on for another baby gift. I'm making some basic "stay-on" bootees (from Knitting for Baby) from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and (get ready to say awww...) this hat from DB Cashmerino Aran. My parents neighbors just had a little girl (they have 2 boys), so I thought the mom might like some girly things. I did make a trip to the post office last week to send out a prize/gift to Sandy for leaving my first ever comment. I hope she likes it.
Keep on knitting!