Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's all about the bling

I've been told that "bling" is in this year. I first heard this word this past year when I was beading at my local beading store. Knitting Corner and Scrapbook Nook, as you can tell by the name, also carries yarn and scrapbook supplies and is a fun place to hang out. Here are some of the gifts I have beaded for this year - simple beading projects all. For those who prefer knitting, there will be some knitting content later on (even pictures!). Some things have not been shown just in case certain people are reading this. First the necklaces:

Yes, that's a sheep in the picture - she sits in my bedroom and gets to wear the necklaces before they are given away. And those are dragonflies without chains on the right. Now the earrings:

Angels and snowmen. I have made 5 angels and 6 snowmen - great quick gifts. Of course, I had to have a pair of each for myself. And I have been knitting some gifts too - a good friend will be getting these:

Plain vanilla Opal socks. Speaking of socks, I have been extremely delinquent in the Jaywalker KAL and I must apologize to the gracious hostess. By the way, Cara is having a weekly contest over at her blog with some awesome prizes. Go check it out. Anyway, back to the KAL. I have printed out the pattern and finally picked out the yarn -

Lornas Laces nicely aged from my stash. I've read about the problems some had and am a little worried about my size 10 feet. I usually cast on 72 stitches, so I think I will cast on for the larger size and just keep trying it on. And lastly, I have some spinning photos to share with you. See, I have been playing with my new camera. First a picture of the remainder of one of my Grafton Fibers batts purchased at Rhinebeck this past fall - a beautiful butterscotch color.

And the corresponding singles - isn't this beautiful:

Alas, lately I have not had large amounts of time to devote to spinning. It has mostly been accomplished in stolen minutes - 10 minute periods here and there. Not great for making progress, but better than nothing.

I will try to get a picture together of the mittens I have knitted for Sandy's Warm Hands KAL. I have been better with that than the Jaywalker KAL because the mittens have been for gifts and the socks are to be for me. But when January comes around - then it is totally selfish knitting time for moi - can't wait!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Beautiful socks and spinning!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love that orange GF...beautiful spinning. And the socks are adorable. Great colors.