Friday, December 23, 2005

What can I say ... I'm weak

Thanks to Cara's tip in the comments of the last post, I did actually order some STR. The increased yardage is now listed so that is a good thing. I will still cast on for my first Jaywalker pair from the Lorna's Laces that I showed previously since that is already in my hot little hands and I will be able to work on those next week during my daughter's school vacation. We will be visiting my parents in NJ for the week and I usually can get in some quality knitting time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to give any uncompleted knitting gifts so there won't be any finishing stuff to do after Sunday. This will leave me free to start on something for moi and socks will be a nice portable project since my daughter and I will be taking the train back home after our visit in NJ.

We will be making a trek into NYC for a matinee of Peter Pan - I think the kids will like this (I'm looking forward to it also!). I also have plans to visit Modern Yarns and maybe some other knitting shops in the area.

On another happy note, I signed up for Secret Pal 7. This is so exciting - can't wait for the assignments. And remember to check out Cara's birthday showcase - the past questions have been fun. Finding the answers is kind of like a scavenger hunt. And check out Cate's post on the reason for the season - she wrote a wonderful post that makes one remember what's really important.

No comments: