Unlike Margene who did her sewing a little too early in the day for a drink, I chose to do mine later on in the evening. So, there was a martini and there was some sewing. I now have a bag for my KSKS pal although I still need to construct the closure. I'm planning on going with a buttonhole and drawstring. I basically followed the instructions for this bag, but decided that a buttonhole might be a bit neater. Unfortunately I have a thing about buttonholes - they intimidate me. Kinda like putting in a zipper (yeah, my Ribby Cardi is still waiting to be blocked and put together, but if I stall on that part, I can put off the zipper installation a little longer). So I put off the buttonhole and started in on a little notions bag - you know to hold some dpns, maybe a crochet hook for picking up little stitches, stuff like that. To put in the KSKS bag. And speaking of KSKS, I heard from my pal. She made my day when she emailed me and now I am a happy camper.
Here is the finished July skein for my One Skein pal. It is approximately 210 yards from about 3.5 ounces of roving. I hope to get it off this week along with some other little goodies. I thought I may try to find some regional treat to include in the package - kind of like a little clue for her. With that spinning finished, I started in on Amy's BFL. Purple for July Project Spectrum.
I'm trying to make a thicker yarn - maybe for a hat - and also practicing my woolen technique. It makes for a much fuzzier yarn and I'm looking forward to plying it and seeing how I did on spinning it thicker. Since I've been trying to spin "thin", it's hard to reverse that thought process and make a thicker single. The woolen spinning is helping a little with that.