Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One Skein Questionnaire

I received this questionnaire from my One Skein Secret Pal and thought I'd post the questions and my answers here.

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)? Well, I'd say I was like a skein of a good basic yarn (think Cascade 220 or Lamb's Pride) with some handspun thrown in for individuality (you know, not too perfect, maybe lumpy in spots but unique).

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with? I've always liked greens and fall colors. Right now I'm really loving oranges.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns? Yes and they keep me knitting because I always want to see what is coming next!

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns? I like natural fibers - wools, alpaca, mohair. I've just ordered some of the bamboo yarn and am looking forward to playing with that.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn? Either - doesn't matter to me.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them? Yes, I tried some organic cotton and it was ok. Very soft. I think you need to be careful about the project you pair it with.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year? Let's see - socks of course, several wool cardigans (for myself, my daughter and my niece), baby sweaters and baby blanket (gifts), organic cotton tank top, a knitted Baby Bobbi bear, hats, mittens, scarves (some of the last three for charities and for gifts), knitted sock earrings, Charlotte's Web shawl - wow, that's more than I thought.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year? Of course.

9. What is your favorite one skein project? Well, I love socks - they are great one skein projects. I haven't tried anything form the book yet but am eyeing those felted bowls and some of the bags (felted and unfelted).

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it? Amount in stash - I'd rather not go there ... As far as storing it - I have 2 cedar chests that have a lot of yarn, also some large Rubbermaid containers, and my closet is like a black hole (I put stuff in there and then either forget about it or I can't find it...).

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it? Some of my first handspun - actually I have knit with some of it but don't think I would ever give the finished objects away (it would have to be a VERY special person).

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer? I don't knit less, but I may think about knitting summer tops instead of winter sweaters.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)? I have joined quite a few knitalongs (you can check my blog for buttons) and there are a group of us that meet at lunchtimes several times a week at work. It's difficult for me to belong to a group that meets at night because I need to be home for my daughter.

No comments: